Trifecta
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Server down?

2 posters

Go down

Server down? Empty Server down?

Post  pure94 Wed May 25, 2011 8:38 am

Is the server down at the moment? Or just me unable to connect xD

pure94

Back to top Go down

Server down? Empty Re: Server down?

Post  blobmiester Wed May 25, 2011 10:13 am

Is it still down (or are you still unable to connect) ?

blobmiester

Back to top Go down

Post  pure94 Wed May 25, 2011 10:30 am

java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

- Still can't connect Sad

Last edited by pure94 on Wed May 25, 2011 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total

pure94

Back to top Go down

Post  blobmiester Wed May 25, 2011 10:34 am

Weird.

http://minecraftservers.net/index.php?action=view&type=all&page=1&sort=rating&id=2816

Say's its fine. I'll check soon as I get home. I have no way of administring the server from work. Smile
I'm leaving work now. Let you know as soon as I can.

Thank you for your patience.

blobmiester

Back to top Go down

Post  pure94 Wed May 25, 2011 10:36 am

I've restarted my router earlier to try. - I think it's me, but I didn't restart my pc :p, I'll try that. - I'm off in 20 minutes anyway, so don't worry.

pure94

Back to top Go down

Post  pure94 Wed May 25, 2011 10:42 am

Just an update - Restarted pc, and tried the server, still nothing (Possibly nulled/stuck somewhere). - I also tried another server, and I did connect, so It's something between me getting onto the server, as it takes a long time to do the 'Loading' - But then doesn't actually connects and Times out.

pure94

Back to top Go down

Post  blobmiester Wed May 25, 2011 12:48 pm

Okay. Looking around and I can't see what could be wrong. I still haven't had time to go home. Had some stuff to take care of. I did some googling and found the following at minecraft forums.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/290042-javanetsockettimeoutexception-read-timed-out/

I wish I knew if anyone else was on the server.. hmm. Does any of the listed possible causes apply to you (in that link)?

Just noticed you said you were off in 20 (a while ago). Well. I should be home in a few hours. I'll try to see what I can do then.

blobmiester

Back to top Go down

Post  blobmiester Wed May 25, 2011 4:33 pm

the server lagged out... damn. After 24 hours of watching my server to see if it would crash it crashes after I leave for work. Razz

blobmiester

Back to top Go down

Post  pure94 Thu May 26, 2011 9:35 am

blobmiester wrote:the server lagged out... damn. After 24 hours of watching my server to see if it would crash it crashes after I leave for work. Razz
Same error again at about the same time it went off yesterday o=.

pure94

Back to top Go down

Post  blobmiester Thu May 26, 2011 11:28 am

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

That's the error from the server. I'm looking into it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Update:

It looks like a plugin is causing slow memory leaks. I'll look into which one may be causing it. Any ideas -- let me know.

For now, I've doubled the working memory for the server. That (should) stop it. However, the leak will still occur and break in maybe 5 - 6 more hours.
I also installed a remote servicer plugin that will auto-restart the server upon any crashes. It also lets me admin from my phone. Smile Hopefully this will help. I'll look into removing/upgrading/switching plugins that may be causing the root problem.

blobmiester

Back to top Go down

Post  pure94 Thu May 26, 2011 9:53 pm

blobmiester wrote:java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

That's the error from the server. I'm looking into it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Update:

It looks like a plugin is causing slow memory leaks. I'll look into which one may be causing it. Any ideas -- let me know.

For now, I've doubled the working memory for the server. That (should) stop it. However, the leak will still occur and break in maybe 5 - 6 more hours.
I also installed a remote servicer plugin that will auto-restart the server upon any crashes. It also lets me admin from my phone. Smile Hopefully this will help. I'll look into removing/upgrading/switching plugins that may be causing the root problem.

Awesome, Now you just need to update the server.. xD
Also, What type of world is Saturn? :p

pure94

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down